How Often Should You Paint Your House Interior And Exterior In Hawaii?
This Is How Often You Can Expect To Need To Paint Your Honolulu Home To Protect It And Keep It Looking Great
Nobody wants their home to start looking bad because the paint is failing! If you know when you’ll need to freshen it up you can always keep your home looking nice.
In this post, you can discover how often to paint a house interior and how often to paint a house exterior.
Our Home NEEDS Painting
“Hon, do our walls look…different, to you?” asks Erin.
Jonathan squints as he looks around the living room. “Now that you mention it, they do seem a little…off. How long’s it been since we had someone paint our house?”
Erin shrugs. “Oh, I don’t know, it feels like it’s been forever. It might be about time, but I’m not sure. How often should you paint your house interior?”
Jonathan shrugs back. “I don’t know, nor do I know how often you should paint your house exterior. Let’s look it up on Google and see if it’s about time. Then we can look into how much it costs to paint a house interior, then exterior.”
“Good plan,” says Erin as she opens her phone to Google search. “I’ll look into the timelines. Either way, it might be nice to repaint it something more trendy.
Here’s what Erin finds out:
How Often Should You Paint Your House Interior?
When it comes to how often to paint a house interior, you can expect to need it every 2 to 8 years. It depends on the room. You can also paint your interior at any time if you want something more trendy.
How Often Should You Paint Your Kitchen?
Kitchens usually need painting about every 2 to 4 years.
This is because they’re a room that gets a lot of heat and humidity. Both of these cause paint to fail more quickly.
Kitchens also see a lot of action. Food splatter, moisture, and people being in it a lot can also make the paint fade and peel faster.
How Often Should You Paint Your Bathroom?
You should paint your bathroom every 2 to 4 years.
As with kitchens, bathrooms get a lot of heat, humidity, and moisture. Sprays like deodorant and hair products can also settle on the walls, causing the paint to fail faster.
How Often Should You Paint Your Hallways?
You should paint your hallways every 2 to 4 years.
Hallways see a lot of action. Hands rubbing on the walls, objects bumping into them as you move them around, and more.
How Often Should You Paint Your Bedroom?
You should paint your bedroom every 2 to 8 years.
It depends on who’s in the room. Kid’s rooms usually need painting more often. They grow out of a color or design faster as they age. They also tend to be messier and more active.
Adult bedrooms need painting less often.
How Often Should You Paint Your Living Room?
You should paint your living room every 5 to 7 years.
It’s longer for this one because the paint doesn’t get the heat, humidity, moisture, and action as kitchens, bathrooms, and hallways do. Living rooms have furniture and other objects between people and the wall, helping protect the paint.
But, this furniture can also bump or scrape against the wall. Living rooms also see a lot of foot traffic, increasing the likelihood someone may accidentally damage the paint.
How Often Should You Paint Your Dining Room?
You should paint your dining room every 5 to 7 years.
Dining rooms don’t see a lot of action. People don’t normally use them except for larger dinners and holidays. This keeps the paint nice and safe.
How Often Should You Paint Your House Exterior?
You should paint your house exterior every 5 to 10 years depending on the material your house is made of. Paint stucco house exteriors every 5 to 6 years. Wood siding needs painting every 3 to 7 years. Cement fiberboard siding only needs painting every 10 to 15 years.
The 7 Main Reasons House Paint Fails Faster or Slower
1. The climate. This is mostly for exteriors but can affect interiors too. Humidity, temperature, storms, and other climate factors affect how often you should paint your house.
2. The quality of the paint and primer. High-quality paint and primer can last years longer than lower-quality paint. This also means you’ll spend less time, energy, and money hiring painters.
3. Who did the painting. Quality painting contractors will make sure to do a great job. They’ll use high-quality paint, won’t cut corners, and make sure you’re happy. They’ll also have a guarantee to help you feel more comfortable.
4. How often you entertain. The more people you have over, and the more often, the more likely it is your paint will get damaged. It’s just an increased chance of an accident happening.
5. If you have kids. Kids are wonderful, but boy can they be messy! From the stereotypical wall art to getting who-knows-what-it-is on the walls, kids aren’t your wall’s best friend.
6. How much sunlight hits your walls. Sunlight causes paint to fade more quickly. The more sunlight that hits your walls the more often you’ll need to paint your house. This is one of the reasons exteriors fade more quickly.
7. If you want to keep up with trends. Keeping up with trends feels great! You have a sense of accomplishment, something to show off, and you love having people over. Trends tend to change pretty quickly so to do this you may need to paint your house more often.
You May Also Like To Know
“Yep, it’s definitely time to look into painting our home interior and exterior,” says Jonathan. Erin nods. “Sure does. Let’s see what else this blog has on it that we can use.” Jonathan nods back and the couple starts looking.